Inside Sales Associate
Job Description and Background
Complete Discovery Source (CDS) is the leader in electronic discovery (e-discovery) services. E-discovery is the identifying, collecting and producing electronically stored information or evidence (ESI) in response to a request for production in a lawsuit or investigation. This is an exciting and fast-pasted industry with a global market of approximately $5 billion expected to reach $9.9 billion in 2017. Our customers are legal decision makers at law firms, corporations, and government agencies. We support them through 7 locations … our headquarters in New York; regional offices in Washington DC, San Francisco, and Chicago; and three highly secure data centers. CDS offers a full range of e-discovery services to handle sensitive evidence and supports both proprietary and industry-standard tools to complete the process.
This is a highly competitive industry. Reaching decision makers at the right time and with the right message is critical to our success.
The Role of Inside Sales
Inside Sales opens doors. It finds opportunities and starts conversations that turn into customer relationships. This role represents one of the most critical points in our sales cycle … a first impression for some, a re-introduction for others … inside sales shapes the customer experience with a commanding knowledge of key messages, an understanding of our product and services, industry, prospects’ needs, and sensitivity to how to motivate people.
The Inside Sales Associate will generate qualified customer leads that our sales team can develop into qualified opportunities and covert to actual sales. He or she is dedicated to developing as a sales professional, helping to shape the sales program, and building the CDS client base. This includes:
- Generating potential sales leads via the phone, making a minimum of 50 outbound calls per day. Handling inbound sales calls as needed.
- Developing a mastery of lead-generation and customer-relationship-management (CRM) tools to execute and track sales activity.
- Participating in CDS and industry training to better understand e-discovery, our audience, and our products and services.
- Taking part in actual presentations, simulations, and practical tests that measure sales competency and messaging ability.
- Coordinating with marketing and sales to support/ensure the fulfillment of materials and information to prospects/targets in our campaign.
- Preparing lead data and or engage in customer research as needed.
- Preparing and packaging qualified leads for subsequent stages of the sales cycle and handoff to outside sales.
Job Duties and Requirements
As an Inside Sales Associate, your responsibility is to generate new and repeat sales by providing product and technical information in a timely manner, delivering both volume (reaching as many people as possible) and quality/value (cultivating leads that result in viable business transactions).
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A demonstrable desire to begin and nurture a sales career
- Self-starter and extroverted qualities with the ability to multi-task and adapt to changing situations
- Prior sales experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex topics
- An understanding and sensitivity to influence and motivate others
- A sense of urgency and ability to manage issues to closure
- Maturity and confidence with strong interpersonal skills
- Team approach with an ability to coordinate and support others
- A history of extracurricular activities such as sports, student government, societal memberships, part- or full-time work, etc.
- A track record of personal achievement and a drive to push beyond the limits of your capabilities.