The Litigation Support Specialist provides technical support for large electronic discovery projects, document production and document reviews. This position requires attention to detail, multi-tasking, analytical skills, great customer service skills as well as someone who works well in a team environment. Must be able to work under the pressure of strict deadlines on multiple projects in a fast paced, high volume, production environment.
- Provide technical support and end user supports to all CDS clients. Provide application/technical support to the clients to ensure effective use of tools/systems and resolves problems reported by users.
- Provide technical support to CDS staff as necessary to complete projects on-time and accurately
- Provide daily or weekly project reports to CDS project managers and/or clients. Provide both oral and written status reports to both clients and project managers.
- Ensure quality control checking processes for deliverables to clients
- Follow company protocols and workflows
- Effectively communicating project status with client staff, including paralegals and attorneys
- Troubleshoot end users with technical issues. Provide end user and technical documentation and training for supported applications.
- Learning to adapt to new technologies, processes, and personalities as the job requires
- Loads data into different legal database software (i.e. Relativity, etc.).
- Works with the client and internal staff to develop scripts to fix data related issues.
- Education – Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Must have strong technical skills
- Must have problem solving skills
- Knowledge of litigation software such as Relativity, Summation, Concordance, or IPRO (preferred but not required)
- Knowledge or understanding of the electronic data discovery (EDD) and electronic stored information (ESI) processes is preferred
- Experience working with legal professionals or for a law firm is preferred
- Experience training others in software use and processes is preferred
- Minimum experience level can be waived if the applicant demonstrates an excellent ability and eagerness to learn new software and technology
- Trainer experience a plus
- Be personable, articulate, knowledgeable, technical and professional in presenting oneself in a professional setting.
- Ability to learn skills and new technology quickly.
- Flexibility in dealing with simultaneous projects.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to function with a high level of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information.
- Ability to convey information and ideas through written word and speech in ways that others will understand.
- Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Ability to speak clearly so listeners understand and identify and understand the speech of another person
- Strong Experience with using Microsoft Windows XP, Windows 7 OS, Microsoft Office 2007, 2010 and Adobe Acrobat Products
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should apply with resume and salary requirements by email (email@example.com). Only qualified applicants will be contacted. CDS is an equal opportunity employer.
The litigation support and electronic discovery market is a rapidly growing market and will require significant resources in the years to come.
About Complete Discovery Source
Complete Discovery Source (CDS) was founded in 2003 and has a client base that has grown from 11 recurrent global law firms and corporate clients to well over 200 clients representing more than 75% of the top Am Law 100 firms and 1/4 of the Fortune 500. As a full-service provider of e-discovery services, CDS merges proven technology with a team of experienced professionals to provide a best-of-breed suite of solutions. CDS has established itself as a trusted advisor to law firms, corporate legal departments and government agencies by providing cost-certainty while maintaining accuracy and efficiency. CDS Currently has offices in New York, NY, Washington, DC, San Francisco, Atlanta, and Chicago. For more information, contact CDS at cds@@cdslegal.com or visit http://www.cdslegal.com.