CDS has been trusted to manage some of the most challenging eDiscovery cases in the industry. Below are a few of the case types that we handle, along with information on our approach to the corresponding challenges.
CDS holds an extensive track record in helping clients respond to M&A-related inquiries from the FTC and the DOJ. These requests involve vast data sets and demanding timelines that require the leading-edge infrastructure and specialized expertise offered by CDS. We have worked on Second Requests in the manufacturing, retail, aerospace, and financial services industries. CDS has implemented workflows, including those utilizing technology assisted review (TAR), to handle large volumes of data in record time.
- Numerous prominent, large Second Request projects offering unprecedented speed, customization, and flexibility for manufacturers, retail, media, and service industries with projects including millions of documents and many terabytes of data
- Speed and scalability for the largest data volumes
- Dedicated project managers experienced with intricate mergers and acquisitions that involve domestic and international collections, processing, consultation, hosting, and production
- Comprehensive understanding of DOJ and FTC protocols
- Design of customized workflows by matter, including the implementation of Technology Assisted Review (TAR)
- Highest levels of Data Security and Redundancy with SOC 2 Type 2 tested procedures and ISO 27001 certified processing and hosting
CDS has industry-leading capabilities for managing complex multi-party matters. CDS designs workflows and platform configurations for litigation support for multiple parties in a single, centralized environment with controlled access for all parties. Parties can share costs and information as directed by the courts while CDS ensures efficiency and defensibility for complex matters.
CDS provides the infrastructure and technology for secure, controlled access for all parties to a single hosting platform as required. Joint repositories and separate, secure instances are both integrated into our project management approach to handle the most complex workspaces accessed by a diverse group of parties. While defending individual work product and supporting mutual requirements, multi-party platforms can provide considerable cost and time savings by reducing processing and hosting costs and leveraging data re-use.
- Enterprise and user-level permissioning. CDS supports private document collections and can establish private folders, access, and searches. When appropriate, clients can open access to specific parties for controlled collaboration.
- Deep experience in handling complex multi-party projects for domestic and international matters
- Highest levels of data security. All parties can be assured that the CDS platform is among the most secure in the industry, on par with major financial institutions and government agencies.
Intellectual property cases require special approaches to data management. In addition to the many electronic documents and emails that may be potentially responsive to the litigation, there can be thousands of images that are without textual content. The ability to approach design documents in a non-textual manner allows CDS to locate and review the most important documents first.
- Keep confidential and sensitive information safe. CDS’s technology and protocols are designed to protect information across stakeholders, investors, custodians, and review teams. CDS has the highest levels of data security on par with financial institutions and government agencies.
- Deep experience with the unique demands of IP discovery. CDS knows the litigation and regulatory requirements involved in protecting complex research, clinical trial privacy, and risk reduction.
- Scalable for complex data. eDiscovery for IP requires the ability to work with large, intricate data sets from clinical trials to product development and marketing. CDS has the deep infrastructure to host, process, and produce successful, large-volume outcomes.