CDS London provides eDisclosure advisory, collection, processing, and hosting solutions for clients who handle increasing data volumes while complying with complex data privacy laws. When organisations must take a proactive approach to preventing exposure of sensitive personal data, CDS delivers the technology, consulting, and project management services to meet our clients’ needs.
London Data Centre
CDS‘s data centre in London has been specifically built to comply with UK and EU data privacy standards. The facility addresses the need to process and host sensitive data in the European Union in compliance with the GDPR and other privacy and data protection laws. CDS’s highly-secure data center is ISO 27001:2013 certified for Information Security Management, ISO 9001:2008 certified for Quality Management, and OHSAS 18001:2007 certified for Health and Safety Management. The data center is fully compliant with EU-US Privacy Shield and Swiss-US Privacy Shield guidelines. Equipped with incremental backups, data replication, and redundant power and internet, the facility ensures that matters are available when they are needed. CDS provides project management and hosting support around the clock.
CDS has deep experience executing forensic collections in numerous jurisdictions and across international borders. We have directly managed projects in 27 of the 28 EU member states and in locations across six continents, ensure that the integrity of data is maintained throughout the disclosure/discovery process to support process defensibility and the admissibility of evidence.
With the increasing scrutiny that financial institutions, corporations and other organisations face from regulators, it is important that companies can effectively investigate the activities of employees, affiliates, third parties and other related actors. A thorough understanding of the investigative techniques leveraged by various regulators is also necessary to drive proactive policy development as well as comprehensive response plans. The CDS Forensic Services Group is comprised of forensic experts who are well-versed in privacy regulations, blocking statutes, and techniques for handling sensitive data. CDS has the tools and expertise needed to successfully execute international collections and forensic analysis across the globe.
The CDS Advisory Services team combines legal experience with technological understanding to assist clients in developing workflows that address the complex landscape of international discovery and cross-border data transfer. Our consultants, help clients understand how process and technology can be utilised to promote compliance with UK and EU privacy regulations in various disputes, transactions and other matters. CDS’s consultants assist clients in navigating data privacy laws, blocking statutes and other regulations that limit the circumstances under which discovery can be performed. CDS Advisory Services can help your team:
- Design data management practices that accommodate UK and EU disclosure/discovery, as well as cross-border data transfer
- Develop custom workflows that manage data stored across multiple jurisdictions
- Create repeatable data collection and analysis processes for clients with international operations
CDS On-Demand with RelativityOne
CDS On-Demand is designed for clients who want to take control of their eDiscovery without the commitment of an annual contract. Powered by RelativityOne, this software as a service (SaaS) offering gives users instant access to new features without infrastructure hassles. CDS’s experts are always on-hand as an extension of your team to support your projects and challenges. Some of the benefits of CDS On-Demand with RelativityOne include:
- International reach. As RelativityOne becomes available in data centres around the globe, clients will be able to host their data in these locations. RelativityOne is currently available in the US, UK, and Hong Kong with planned instances in Canada and Germany. With GDPR coming online in May 2018, this will facilitate cross-border data management, review and ultimately production.
- Complete control. Your own dedicated instance means total command over your data and the freedom to customize and extend the software to meet your needs.
- Trusted security. RelativityOne is built for the public cloud and takes advantage of Microsoft’s investment in data security. Azure data centres are compliant with security standards including ISO 27001, ISO 27018, and dozens more industry certifications.
- Continuous development. With the ease of upgrades in the RelativityOne environment, there will be less time between issue identification and resolution to ensure high quality service.
- Workspace migration (ARM). Full stack archive and migration capabilities. Since RelativityOne is always on the latest version, migrating cases out of an older environments is never an issue, providing complete matter control under one roof.
CDS DigitalCustoms™ – Mobile Discovery Appliance
CDS DigitalCustoms is a suite of services that helps clients successfully address the challenges of collecting, analysing, reviewing and producing data in today’s complex regulatory environment. CDS DigitalCustoms combines portable, proprietary appliances with on-site support resources to give entities powerful data management capabilities. Using a single platform, users are able to access multiple technologies to process, analyse, redact/anonymise, review, and produce data in-country, within a client’s facility, and behind the firewall without attaching to the local infrastructure. DigitalCustoms is an innovative solution that successfully addresses privacy concerns during disclosure/discovery projects and investigations, and mitigates the risk associated with domestic and international regulations.
Enhanced Disclosure with Technology Enhancements
CDS goes beyond standard review and hosting platforms, deploying technology solutions that help users gain a deeper understanding of data, enhance data privacy, and identify relevant documents more quickly.
- Blackout Auto-Redaction: Automatically redact private information including financial data, email addresses, and more, integrated into the review platform.
- Veritone: Review and transcribe audio and video data using Veritone’s multiple artificial intelligence engines.
- Machine Translation: Powerful algorithms translate foreign language documents, allowing them to be reviewed by teams in-country.
COVID-19 has disrupted almost all normal business practices, making many activities challenging to handle virtually. Fortunately, eDiscovery can largely continue on pace, thanks to technology and remote collection workflows. Shifting to fully remote or socially distanced collections, whether to accommodate shelter-in-place orders or employee safety concerns, is achievable in most circumstances.
Long before starting formal discovery, an internal investigation should be launched so a party and their counsel can understand and assess the information ecosystem, identify sources of potentially relevant information and examine these sources via sampling. Although a litigant may not be required to produce the information found, it is crucial that pre-litigation investigation be handled appropriately to ensure it is accurate.